[SR-Users] Handling ReINVITEs

Grant Bagdasarian gb at cm.nl
Wed Jun 8 17:27:14 CEST 2016

Hello,

How should reINVITEs be handled in the kamailio script and also in combination with rtpengine?
I was reading the RR docs and loose_route function pretty much handles this if I'm correct.
We're currently receiving reINVITEs for checking if a session is still active, not for session modifications like SDP changes.

Does kamailio handle reINVITEs correctly out of the box or should extra logic be implemented?

Also, what happens when rtpengine_manage is called for a reINVITE inside WITHNDLG or in onreply_route for 200 OK? Is the module smart enough to ignore port (de-)allocations when the SDP is still the same as the initial INVITE or 200 OK?

Regards,

Grant