[SR-Users] rtpproxy question

Albert Petit albert.petit at genaker.net
Tue Jun 7 18:26:29 CEST 2016

Hi ,

Sorry for previous question. Finally it seems i got confused because
traffic my UA was sending was not properly encrypted .Then when doing
server tcpdump wireshark was seeing it still as RTCP (and not SRTCP) when
jumping on rtpproxy :-) When fixed problem in user agent all traffic is
SRTCP and rtpproxy just bridges it to the destination.

I was thinking of some interaction because new feature at
https://github.com/sipwise/mediaproxy-ng ( (Bridging between RTP and SRTP
user agents) but i understand this feature to decode SRTP can only be
enabled when mediaproxy-ng is used (that feature is not supported by
rtpproxy,  but by mediaproxy-ng correct?).

 BTW can this feature be enabled  easily when mediaproxy-ng is used? Is
that enabled using following flags on rtpproxy_offer etc? (*s, S, p, P* -
These flags control the RTP transport protocol that should be used towards
the recipient of the SDP. If none of them are specified, the protocol given
in the SDP is left untouched. Otherwise, the "S" flag indicates that SRTP
should be used, while "s" indicates that SRTP should not be used. "P"
indicates that the advanced RTCP profile with feedback messages should be
used, and "p" indicates that the regular RTCP profile should be used. As
such, the combinations "sp", "sP", "Sp" and "SP" select between RTP/AVP,
RTP/AVPF, RTP/SAVP and RTP/SAVPF, respectively.)

Thanks
Albert

--
Albert Petit