[SR-Users] High availability

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:18:39 CEST 2016

I thank you all for the feedback.

Now it is time to pick one or two given advices and do some testing.

Cheers!
Moacir

From: gr.sabery at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 12:38:23 +0430
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] High availability

For Kamailio high availability you can refer to the following project:

https://github.com/ghrst/Kamailio-HA

Regards

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 12:02 PM,  <mark at brightvoip.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Moacir,

I use keepalived and MySQL in a similar way to what
you have described.

Keepalived to manage an active/passive Kamailio
pair and MySQL to store relevant data.  I have both Master-Master and
Galera in use for MySQL.  Mater-Master (again using Keepalived for an
active/passive pair) is rock-solid.  Galera is good, although occasionally
the cluster will stop and need to be manually recovered - maybe I need to update
to later software.

I use Kamailio primarily for call routing, so do
not store state - so cannot advise on ability to find a called number.  If
you are storing all info to the DB I would hope the 2nd server would have access
to the system state at the time the first server became inactive.  You
would just lose whatever calls ended during the period between 1st server
failing and 2nd starting (max 20-30 seconds in my experience).

Kind regards,
Mark