[SR-Users] DHCP renewal conflicts with kamailio?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:18:07 CEST 2016

Hello,

I guess there is no IP associated with the network interface during the
dhcp procedure, meaning that the kernel will return error whenever
kamailio (or other app) tries to send something. Typically this was
resolved in the *unix systems by having the hooks of ifup/ifdown to
stop/start the apps that depend on network.

Perhaps something can be coded to catch such situation, at this moment
Kamailio does retransmission if the request was sent successfully but
there is no sip response to it.

On 26/05/16 19:32, Joonas Harjumäki wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The attachment contains a log trace of kamailio 3.3.2. There is some
> errors in the log and I wonder if it is normal operation?
> The errors appeared in the middle of DHCP lease renewal and I wonder
> if the configuration (of dhclient/kamailio) could be improved to
> prevent such errors? Or to make sure kamailio retries udp_send
> sufficiently many times. The kamailio operated normally before renewal
> procedure began and after the procedure finished.
>
> Joonas Harjumäki

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org