[SR-Users] How to forward REGISTERs to Asterisk in kamailio with dispatcher module with several Asterisk PBXs?

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:01:24 CEST 2016

If you're using Kamailio as a registrar, then it would make the most sense
to also use it as your outbound proxy for Asterisk.

This would mean whenever Asterisk needs to dial an extension, it would
instead make a SIP call to your Kamailio instance which would then perform
the lookup, forking, and forwarding.

Is there a reason this wouldn't work in your infrastructure? If for some
reason it can't - though I can't imagine how - then I don't see the purpose
in using Kamailio as a registrar at all. You should just forward everything
to Asterisk since it needs to be there anyway.

Best,
Colin