[SR-Users] Kamailio + rtpproxy + SRTP

Vasiliy Ganchev vancecezar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:31:56 CEST 2016

Konstantin M. wrote
> I have some problem with SSL+rtpproxy, kamailio successfully decodes SIP,
> rtpproxy decodes SRTP frames, all is going to freeswitch unencrypted. FS
> transfers the call back, the call is going unencrypted though kamailio,
> kamailio encodes to SSL, but rtpproxy DOESN'T encodes RTP frames to SRTP.
> Hence, endpoint SIP equipment rejects the call with 488 Not Acceptable
> Here
>
> Scenario
>
> 1. Endpoint device -> SRTP -> kamailio -> RTP -> freeswitch
> 2. Freeswitch calls back
> 3. freeswitch -> RTP -> kamailio -> PROBLEM (SIP[TLS] + RTP (but not
> SRTP))
> -> Endpoint device
> 4. Endpoint device -> 488 Not Acceptable Here -> Kamailio
>

> Could somebody point me what's wrong here?
>
> Thanks!

Hi!
488 is the SIP reply, and your problem is not rtp->srtp encryption (this is
this consequence), but that you called rtpproxy_manage with wrong
parameters.

e.g. if endpoint is browser it can answer 488 if SDP in  INVITE has RTP/AVPF
(it work only with AVP/SRTP)

can suggest to:
- check logs on endpoint
- check parameters of rtpproxy_manage