[SR-Users] TOPOS - REGISTER

Nathan Ward kamailio-sr-users at daork.net
Mon Jul 18 11:29:31 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I’m doing some testing using Kamailio to do some lightweight SBC type functions. We have considered OpenSIPs as well as it has built in b2bua bits, but having chosen Kamailio for other parts of our network it makes sense to stick with one piece of software I think. Luckily, we only need (want) topology hiding, and don’t need other b2bua things.

I have a server in the middle of our network sending registrations out to a 3rd party network for a number of lines, using Kamailio+uacreg. This works great.
It sends these registrations through an SBC, also running Kamailio. I do this by setting the proxy column of the uacreg table to the SBC’s inside address. On the SBC, I rewrite the Contact header, so calls come in to the SBC.
I am running topos on the SBC, and would like to be able to do topology hiding for the outgoing REGISTER. I note that there is code in tps_skip_msg to specifically avoid topology hiding for REGISTER and PUBLISH messages. Is there a SIP reason for this, or is this just a part of the code that hasn’t been finished yet or wasn’t needed by the author, so it’s been excluded?

I note that topoh is the same, with a th_skip_msg function that has I think identical code, so no doubt the same reasoning is applied there.

This is a very minor issue, but I’d like to understand the reasoning, and contribute code if the reason is code rather than SIP.

--
Nathan Ward