[SR-Users] is_direction / $fti / $tti not working possible

Nathan Angelacos nangel at nothome.org
Thu Jul 14 01:24:29 CEST 2016

Thanks!
> you should use $fti and $tti only after loose_route().
>
> If used before, it doesn't find the proper Route header and assumes
> downstream. The issue actually is the fact that there is some caching
> done in this case, to avoid doing same processing many times for same
> sip message. So getting again $fti or $tti after loose route doesn't
> change anymore the values computed before loose route.

Makes perfect sense.  I forgot how the parser works.  Only parse the
headers when they are needed.

So take-away is *only* access a pv /after/ you have run any of its
prerequisites.
First time a pv is referenced, it is defined and allocated.  After that
the value (at time of first reference) will be used for the rest of the
script.
And yes, this is for R/O pv's  - R/W can be reassigned.

As always, user support is absolutely the best.  Thank you.
> I guess it needs more clarifications in the docs.
Maybe, but I'm not sure how to express it clearer.
> Also, record_route() for requests within dialog can take the tag from
> callee, if the re-invite comes from that side.

Right.  Forgot that too.

Thanks again.  All works as expected now!