[SR-Users] 4.4.1: Only first UDP Listener is producing log messages

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Fri Jul 8 08:50:33 CEST 2016

Just to not leave the problem unresolved on the list, we finally found
out the reason for it.

We did an strace on one of the UDP listeners, and there we could see
that Kamailio was sending out log messages, but on the wrong file
descriptor. Actually, it was sending the log lines to one of our RTP
proxies.

After telling Daniel about our findings, he dug a bit into rtpengine
module and found some issues there.

After applying the two patches

https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/d76761bf95a5745240d655ee63241b8d4652611d
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/0fbac693b4d3ed913b64c2d000f27a96903b7e09

to our setup, now we have logging servers again.

We were not able to reproduce the problem in our dev environment, only
on the production systems. We have an array of 12 rtp engines defined
in our config.

Thanks Daniel for those two quick patches!

Best Regards,
Sebastian