[SR-Users] Video conferencing with Kamailio

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 06:36:12 CEST 2016

Dear All,
I'm curious if anybody has set up an infrastructure for video conferencing utilizing Kamailio as a proxy (like NAT support and so so). I found a kind of old tutorial "Run you own Skype-like service in less than one hour" kamailio:skype-like-service-in-less-than-one-hour [Asipto - SIP and VoIP Knowledge Base Site] written in 2013 on Kamailio 3.1. I wonder if this feature has been further developed in later releases. I know Kamailio is more often used as a SIP proxy, but somehow I got the impression that Kamailio supports WebRTC, so I wonder if it's possible to implement a many to many video conferencing infrastructure using Kamailio. If the answer is yes, how's  the performance or the bottleneck I should pay more attention to (maybe bandwidth for video traffic, especially with NAT? ) Anyway I'm a newbie to both Kamailio and video conference, so any suggestion/discussion is appreciated. Thanks.
Regards,Jay