[SR-Users] [SR-USERS] Kamailio issues with Asterisk Voicemail

TEG AMJG tegamjg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:39:14 CEST 2016

Dear list:

I am quite new to Kamailio and i am really struggling to get some answer to
some questions i have been trying to get answers by reading documentation
and other questions or solutions around internet.

Even though i am integrating Kamailio with two Asterisk boxes with the
module dispatcher, i didnt follow the quite popular guide of Asterisk
Kamailio Realtime Integration (
http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb).
The reason why i didnt is that it actually behaved weird since i wanted
Kamailio to be a stateful proxy and also wanted Kamailio to act as a
Registrar Server and Location Server using subscriber and location tables
of kamailio database, keeping both Asterisk strictly as Media Servers.

Also i have been able to solve some NAT Traversal issues using RTPProxy and
not using those Asterisk boxes with their nat or qualify parameters to
solve NAT issues. Most of my solution started following this guide (
http://saevolgo.blogspot.com/2013/08/rtpproxy-revisited-kamailio-40.html)
which let me handle registration and location with Kamailio and also
changed it putting kamailio behind NAT.

Now to the real question, is there anyway to include Asterisk voicemail
functionality with the solution I already mentioned? the question is
because, as I far as I know, Asterisk needs to associate mailboxes to its
users. So i believe that i have to practically change most of my solution
and find a way to make Kamailio register and locate users with the Realtime
integration of Asterisk and map the registration accordingly to the table
fields.

But it destroys most of my NAT and register solution since i also
configured one of the private IPs as a peer in Asterisk sort of like in
that guide

[Kamailio]

type=friend

host=192.168.1.244

port=5060

disallow=all

allow=gsm

allow=g729

allow=alaw

allow=ulaw

Sorry for making the question so long and to be quite ignorant with some of
the concepts involving Kamailio with Asterisk

Thanks

Alejandro