[SR-Users] Modify VIA header in replied message

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:35:59 CEST 2016

Hello,

do you really need them in the Via header?

It is abit delicate to work with, because some UA may be strict in what
they receive, given that the Via was added by them. There are standard
parameters that should be added such as received or rport, which are
added by kamailio automatically if the conditions required by them are met.

Maybe you can get what you need by adding a header instead -- a header
can be added to the reply using append_to_reply() function exported by
textops module.

Otherwise, here are the steps that you can try to add to the Via header:

  1) use functions from textops or textops module to update the Via
header of the incoming request (inside request_route block), such as:

  *
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/textops.html#textops.f.subst_hf
  *
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/textopsx.html#textopsx.f.insert_hf_value

  2) do msg_apply_changes()

>From that moment Kamailio will see the new Via header, with the changes
you did. When building a reply, Kamailio should use the entire Via
header  and you parameter should be visible in the reply.

On 04/07/16 03:45, Huynh Quoc Bao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could someone give me some suggestion? Thank in advance.
>
> Brs/Bao
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Huynh Quoc Bao <baohq110 at gmail.com
> <mailto:baohq110 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     As title, i want to add some additional parameters to the topmost
>     via header in replied message.
>     example. REGISTER ==> Kamailio ===> reply 200 OK. So in 200 OK
>     message, i will add some additional parameters.
>     And the same for the other message: INVITE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY,
>     MESSAGE message.
>
>     --
>     Brs/Bao

Daniel-Constantin Mierla