[SR-Users] Kamailio and Mongodb

C. chuksy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:39:40 CEST 2016

Hi,
I have followed instructions on setting up Kamailio with MongoDB backend, and successfully compiled and installed kamailio with the db_mongo module. It can start successfully. However, when I tried to add users using the command:

kamctl add test testpasswd test at mysipserver.com <mailto:test at mysipserver.com>

It fails because it is trying to default to MYSQL. Here is the result of that command:

WARNING: database engine not found - tried 'MYSQL'
ERROR: This command requires a database engine - none was loaded

When I take a look at the kamctl script, it lists all the other kinds of database engines, except MongoDb, so this is probably why it is failing. How can I use kamctl to create the required Mongodb collections (like users, subscribers, etc) that Kamaiio will then use?My kamailio.cfg seem to be working ok, as I seem to be able to connect to the database (I modified the file to use db_mongo module), and I create the initial collections as listed here - https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/kamailio-and-mongodb <https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/kamailio-and-mongodb>

Thanks,
Chuks.