[SR-Users] P-CSCF

Fred Schulz FSchulz at blackned.de
Thu Jan 28 20:24:23 CET 2016

Hi all,

we’re just playing around with an IMS setup bases on kamailio. Therefore the kamailio is used as P-,I- and S-CSCF.
We where able to register two clients through all components.
As we wan to start a call session, the P-CSCF answers with „403 - Forbidden. You must register with an S-CSCF“…

I found this snippet in kamailio.cfg:

if (!pcscf_is_registered("location")) { send_reply("403","Forbidden - You must register first with a S-CSCF“); break; }

Can one tell me what exactly the kamailio is checking there? As I figured out it is looking in database location table.

The table contains the registered users registered towards the IMS.

Another „problem“ we faced with is the rtpproxy. As the ngcp-mediaproxy-ng is no longer available and replaced with rtpproxy we’re trying to use it. But kamailio said that the proxy isn’t answering the way expected.

ERROR: rtpengine [rtpengine.c:1622]: rtpp_test(): proxy responded with invalid response

Any advise would be nice.

Thank you
Fred