[SR-Users] using re.subst with an $avp or $var

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:42:28 CET 2016

Hello,

short note to add that one can use dialplan module for doing
per/sed-like substitutions with rules stored in database. Reloading of
records from database can be done via mi/rpc command, thus without
restarting kamailio.

dialplan module is particularly useful when needing to deal with lot of
substitutions specific for groups of users.

On 08/01/16 22:45, Vik Killa wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> Thank you! Your suggestion will most likely fit our solution.
> /V
>
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Alex Balashov
> <abalashov at evaristesys.com <mailto:abalashov at evaristesys.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/08/2016 04:40 PM, Vik Killa wrote:
>
>         That last statement was in-accurate. Im not trying to modify
>         the R-URI
>         at all actually.
>         I'd like to create a variable.
>

>     Right, you're trying to extract a value from the RURI, transform
>     it, and copy the transformed value into something else.
>
>     I think my last suggestion would serve that aim, if I understood
>     the objective correctly.
>

>     -- Alex
>
>     --
>     Alex Balashov | Principal | Evariste Systems LLC
>     303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
>     Atlanta, GA 30346
>     United States
>
>     Tel: +1-800-250-5920 <tel:%2B1-800-250-5920> (toll-free) /
>     +1-678-954-0671 <tel:%2B1-678-954-0671> (direct)
>     Web: http://www.evaristesys.com/, http://www.csrpswitch.com/

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu