[SR-Users] Is it possible to use kamailio as a Webrtc gateway and integrate it into to a conference bridge for handling webrtc clients in conference bridge?

suganthi karthick suganthi.mkk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 13:56:50 CET 2016

Hi all,

I need to implement a WebRTC gateway for an existing conference bridge. The
WebRTC gateway has to support Signaling, ICE and DTLS. The webrtc clients
can be JsSIP or any webrtc client.

The conference bridge is an existing working one for SIP clients, and I am
trying to add webrtc support for that.

The webrtc gateway needs to be implemented in a way like a library because
it needs to be integrated into the existing platform.

There are some init functions and config function from the existing
conference platform, based on which the webrtc gateway has to  be
configured.

Also, when a webrtc call come from a webrtc client, it needs to handle the
signaling and the media(RTP) has to go to the conference bridge platform.

It would be really helpful if you suggest whether I can use openSIPS for
this purpose and use it as a library and integrate into the exiting
platform?

Your suggestions will be more helpful.

Thanks.