[SR-Users] Issue with Double Record Route

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 09:42:43 CET 2016

Hello,

my remark was related to the fact that you may have another
record_route*() function executed in the configuration file for the same
SIP request.

It may be simpler also from routing/security point of view to use
different ports for internal and external communications. E.g., port
5060 for communication with internal and port 5080 for external. The you
can do advertising on the listen with external port:

listen=udp:localip:5060
listen=udp:localip:5080 advertise externip:5080

Then you just need to force the socket to be used before sending out to
use the right port and record_route() will do the rest.

On 24/02/16 09:22, Alberto Sagredo wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> I use it once, i have read about double record routing and it seems in
> kamailio only possible if two ips are configured?:
>
> Im using Kamailio behind NAT with advertised address and proxy to an
> external provider but i have seen , with Asterisk behind, Record route
> is wrong to Asterisk so i plan to change in order to do not lose ACks .
>
> Any idea to do it better ?
>
> BR

> <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     can you check in the config and see if there is any other
>     record_route*() function used?
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>

>     On 23/02/16 18:43, Alberto Sagredo wrote:
>>     Im fancing some issues due to kamailio behind nat and thought
>>     double record route could help me .
>>
>>     But enabling that :
>>
>>     modparam("rr", "enable_double_rr", 1)
>>
>>     And later using
>>
>>     record_route_advertised_address("X.X.X.X:5060");
>>
>>     is giving me this error:
>>
>>      w_record_route_advertised_address(): Double attempt to record-route
>>
>>     Off course, only a single Record Route is present..
>>
>>     What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>     Using Kamailio 4.3.4

>     --
>     Daniel-Constantin Mierla