[SR-Users] PUBLISH request receives 404 response, and loops on loopback interface

Marrold kamailio at marrold.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 07:54:28 CET 2016

On 22 Feb 2016 6:48 am, "Daniel-Constantin Mierla" <miconda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> for handling publish you have to enable presence services.

Currently I don't want to enable location services. I can drop the PUBLISH
requests but first I'd like to under stand the reason for the loop.

> The looping happens when the domain in the R-URI is pointing to same
server, but it is not listed as local domain for kamailio. You have to add
it as alias or use it with domain module.

> For adding it as alias, add:
>
> alias=kamailio.marrold.co.uk

This is already in the original configuration I posted.

Thanks for your assistance

> Restart kamailio and try again.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> On 21/02/16 00:55, Matthew Harrold wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to Kamailio but have previous experience with Asterisk,
Freeswitch and SIP.

>> I am using a fairly default config file with some sections removed (E.G
NAT) to simplify things, and some extra logging so I can see the way
packets traverse the configuration.

>> Config here - http://pastebin.com/raw/CCgT0C78
>>
>> I have noticed that when a UAC sends a PUBLISH request, Kamailio
immediately responds '404 Not Found' and more worryingly the logs and a
packet capture running on the lo interface indicate it's sending the
PUBLISH request to itself in a loop until it hits the Max-Forwards limit.

>> Publish URI is PUBLISH sip:201 at kamailio.marrold.co.uk;transport=UDP
SIP/2.0