[SR-Users] BLF on different IPs/domains

Phil Lavin phil.lavin at synety.com
Fri Feb 12 19:52:35 CET 2016

To follow up on this, using a common domain across all watchers and UAs has resolved the issue - thanks for the hint. I'm now looking to implement TLS support on ports 5061 and 443.
When a Polycom phone is using TCP on port 443 (no TLS yet), the from header in a call is sip:441164969987 at register.staging.ourdomain.com:443
Specifically, the URI has the port on the end. This is causing the below-mentioned presentity issues - calls are going into the dialog table with a port in the from_uri field and PUA is thus failing to match it against a subscription. It's undesirable for us to know the port a phone is using in order to subscribe to its notifications.
Is this a PUA issue? Should PUA disregard the port from the URI when it does its matching? If so, happy to look at submitting a patch for this. If not, what is the suggested solution?

Cheers