[SR-Users] Extending the default 1800 seconds of session expiration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:52:13 CET 2016

Hello,

the server cannot increase it if the phone puts a value lower than you
want. You can send a response telling the client that the interval is
too short, specifying also the minimum value. I don't recall exactly the
header names right now, but should be easy to search in rfc3261.

Of course, if you just want to increase it in Kamailio side, that is
possible, but the phone might not expect it. You can change the Expires
header (or parameter for contact), then do msg_apply_changes() and then
handle the register/presence requests as usual.

On 05/02/16 12:37, kssyrr wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to extend the default 1800 seconds of session expiration
> (presence; kamctl ul show)... how do I do that?
>
> I Tried to change parameters in the dialog module + the stt module...
> no success.
> The session expiration time is still 1800 sec.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu