[SR-Users] Registration Failure - IMS

Jason Penton jason.penton at smilecoms.com
Thu Feb 4 21:26:18 CET 2016

Hi Cristina,

Unfortunately IPSEC is not supported 100% on the P-CSCF at this time. There
are pieces of code that exist for it but it is not something we focused on
yet. Perhaps some of the other devs will get to it when they get the need
or some spare time

Cheers
Jason

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> maybe some other IMS guys are able to help more, but in general the
> authentication in handled in the configuration file of Kamailio by calling
> various auth functions. You have to spot where those are used and why is
> responding with 401. Eventually run it with debug=3 in kamailio.cfg to get
> more verbosity of what it is done in the code.
>
> Also, it may help to check the emails from Franz Edler during January and
> February on this list, he provided configs and many details about building
> a prototype IMS platform. See next link and follow up discussion:
>
>   -
> http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2016-January/091204.html
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 03/02/16 11:58, Cristina Caridi wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm a new starter of Kamailio (SER). I am using the version 4.4.0-dev6 in
> a Debian machine.
> I've configured all the IMS network elements, the FHoSS and also Boghe
> IMS/RCS client in a Windows machine.
>
> When an IMS user belonging to my network tries to register and IP SEC
> mechanism is enabled, the registration flow stops at 401 Unauthorized from
> S-CSCF -> I-CSCF -> P-CSCF -> client.
> The problem is that the HSS in MAA message does not send the
> SIP-Auth-Data-item that should be cointain the Confidentiality Key and the
> Integrity Key; so the client is not able to challenge the S-CSCF sending
> another REGISTER message.
>
> Do you have any suggestions about this? When IP SEC is disabled (by
> managing client options), the registration works well.
> Maybe is there any configuration at HSS level that i'm not considering?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help,
> Cristina

> Daniel-Constantin Mierlahttp://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
> Book: SIP Routing With Kamailio - http://www.asipto.comhttp://miconda.eu

*Jason Penton*
*Senior Manager: Applications and Services*
*Smile Communications Pty (Ltd)*
*Mobile:* +27 (0) 83 283 7000
*Skype:* jason.barry.penton
jason.penton at smilecoms.com <name.surname at smilecoms.com>