[SR-Users] rtpengine port allocation & recycling [solved]

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:19:51 CET 2016

On 03/02/16 15:14, Alex Balashov wrote:
> [...]
>
> Notwithstanding that, there may be other exotic cases as well where
> rtpengine_manage() doesn't do the right thing.
... forgot about the above remark: when I added rtpproxy_manage() I
evaluated all possibilities, so while I am not excluding I overlooked
something, the function is quite old by now not to have such case surfaced.

It handles properly the situations when INVITE has or not SDP, ACK has
or not SDP, UPDATE has or not SDP, INVITE responses with SDP, as well as
failed/cancelled initial INVITEs and the BYE requests.

Practically rtpproxy_manage() is executing the
rtpproxy_offer()/_answer()/_delete() based on the request/response type
and state of transaction.

If you are aware of a case not properly covered, then report it as a bug
on tracker and it will be fixed, the role of rtpproxy_manage() is to
simplify the config file, by doing all those different conditions in code.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu