[SR-Users] Kamailio/How to send all requests ?

Phil Lavin phil.lavin at synety.com
Mon Feb 1 14:40:42 CET 2016

If indeed you mean ALL traffic, including traffic that Kamailio itself can route internally:

Add something to the LOCATION route to only allow usrloc based routing from the media server. In my case, I have added this at the top:

# Only do this for things authorized by IP
# UAs need to go via billing platform
if (!allow_source_address()) {
      return;
}

Create a new route that is called at the end of your main route with something like the following:

# Routing to Billing
route[BILLING] {
        # only local users allowed to call
        if (from_uri!=myself) {
                sl_send_reply("403", "Not Allowed");
                exit;
        }

        $ru = "sip:" + $rU + "@1.2.3.4:5060");

        route(RELAY);
        exit;
}

In essence, block all but allowed IPs (your media gateway IPs should be allowed) from routing via usrloc and change the request URI to route all traffic via the media gateway IP (1.2.3.4).

Phil