[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.3 Rewriting From and db_alias values

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Dec 15 11:24:38 CET 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 12:36:06AM -0800, Gonzalo Gasca Meza wrote:
> When PhoneB dials 1111111, Kamailio converts 111111 at sp1.com to john at sp2.com
> Now I need to provide VM services to PhoneA. (Opposite direction)
> PhoneA calls voicemail but the calling number is john at sp2.com
> I need to have SP1 use the 11111111 at sp1.com format

Your idea works (but I'd use the $au instead of $fu). But essentially it
is the same as setting an outgoing callerid, why not use the same logic?

But what happens when John has multiple DID numbers? How will John
influence what voicemail to call? I'd argue for provisioning the voicemail
for the username, not the DID.