[SR-Users] [sr-dev] VERY IMPORTANT: deciding when to remove the MI code

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:44:43 CET 2016

On 02/12/2016 11:21, Alex Hermann wrote:
> On donderdag 1 december 2016 15:17:18 CET Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> RPC is the alternative, a more standardized
>> concept, with better structured format.
> Before removing MI and letting everyone move to RPC, it might be wise to go
> over all RPC interfaces and fix them to be neat , sane and somewhat consistent.
> For example, there are still interfaces coding arrays as hashes with multiple
> identically named fields (htable.dump is one i recently ran into) . There is no
> language and/or JSON/XML library i know of that can properly handle those
> (most of them will just end up with the last entry).

In such case the value can be constructed as an array. And I think
leaving it at the free will means it won't happen -- we aimed at this
since 2008 more or less. Hopefully there are only of few cases that need
fixes and can be done while testing 5.0.

But for htable there should not be more than one item with the same
name, so such situation should not be for htable.dump. Can you give an
example that you encountered, how do you set two items with same name?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com