[SR-Users] Local messages are malformed in Kamailio 4.4.X

Mikko Lehto mslehto at iki.fi
Thu Dec 1 02:05:40 CET 2016

Helio Okuyama <hok.sh10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Local messages are malformed in Kamailio 4.4.X. For example after receiving
> an error response (603) to an INVITE message, the ACK is generated with
> header Max-Forwards concatenated to header CSeq and double CRLF, which is
> wrong.

Funny thing, I just discovered something with line endings as well
when replying locally from config file.

Kamailio seems to reply with mixed line terminators when flag --no-crlf
is used with sipsak.

How to repeat:

kamailio.cfg
---
debug=2
fork=yes
log_stderror=no
children=1
disable_tcp=yes
listen=udp:127.0.0.1:5060
auto_aliases=no
loadpath "modules/"
loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "pv.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
modparam("sl", "bind_tm", 0)
request_route {
    set_reply_body($rb,"application/sdp");
    sl_send_reply(200,"OK");
    exit;
}
---

$ sipsak -H localhost -s sip:127.0.0.1:5060 -v -f test/unit/60-message-sdp9.sip --no-crlf

tcpdump shows following headers and line terminators:
---
200 OKCRLF
Via...CRLF
From...LF
To...LF
Call-ID...LF
CSeq...LF
Content-Type...CRLF
Server...CRLF
Content-Length...CRLF
CRLF
---

Maybe these two findings are related. I tested with master version.

--
Mikko Lehto