[SR-Users] Rate limiting

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue Aug 30 12:15:36 CEST 2016

Hi Alex,

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/ratelimit.html is
another approach here. Tried it as a proof of concept recently and it
seems to do its job.

Seems like pipelimit is derived from ratelimit. What's the main
difference from ratelimit, other than named pipes and DB support? What's
the purpose of the DB support of pipelimit? Does it cache its values and
can be reloaded from DB on demand (I don't see an rpc command for that)?
That would be really valuable.

Andreas