[SR-Users] uac_auth and (serial) forking

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:58:57 CEST 2016

Hello,

try to see if it works to do the authentication in the branch failure
event route. There you can do processing as soon as the 401 arrives --
it has to be tried to see if uac auth works fine there, if not probably
needs some tuning.

On 25/08/16 15:42, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> Trying to implement a way to authenticate outgoing INVITEs to endpoints
> that need/want to. uac_auth in the initial failure route works fine when
> there is only 1 registered user to send the INVITE to. But with at least
> 2 locations are available and 1 accepts the INVITE without
> authentication, the 401 of the location that wants authentication isn't
> processed in the failure route until a timeout is triggered (t_set_fr).
> At that point the 401 is processed and a response generated with
> Authentication header. But since t_set_fr invite timeout was exceeded it
> is immediatly destroyed due to a CANCEL having been generated to the
> location(s).
>
> t=0:
> t_set_fr(10000);
> INVITE to A anb B
> A responds 100 Trying,180 Ringing
> B responds 401 Unauthorized
>
> t=10s:
> T_code=180, new_code=408
> failure route status: 401
> uac_auth()
> INVITE with Authorization is build to B
> CANCEL to A
> INVITE to B is never send
>
> Is this expected behaviour? Obviously I didn't expect this.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org