[SR-Users] Domain limits and domain.reload

Bruno Emer brunoemer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:06:08 CEST 2016

Hello all.

I am currently working in a company that built an online platform that
allows companies talk to their customer using different medias, such as
video, voice and chat. To this, we are using Kamailio to provide SIP
services such as WebSockets, Registrar and proxy, and ir works really well.

The point is that today we are creating a new domain for each company that
uses our system, and for now we have more than 3k companies using it, so my
first question is: is there a limit about how many domains we can create in
a Kamailio environment? I tried to find this on the documentation but I
haven't found anything.

Second: every time that we create a new domain, we perform a domain.reload
using the XMLRPC module. We are just using the python script to do this,
but sometimes it is returning the error: Fault 400: 'Reload of domain
tables failed' and we don't know why. The strange thing is that if we
access the server and execute a 'kamctl domain reload' just after the
error, everything works fine. The problem appears to be in the RPC module.
So the question is: does someone knows what can be the cause of this
problem?

Thanks.

*Bruno Emer*

Mobile: +55 11 96540-0044