[SR-Users] Kamailio - passing registration to another sip server

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Aug 25 15:57:34 CEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 09:38:12AM -0400, Mike Patterson wrote:
> I have configured Kamailio to pass a registration request to another VoIP
> provider.  The reason I am doing this is to provide a sip port for users
> where the ISP is blocking SIP.  I am able to pass the registrations to the
> VoIP provider but I'd like to have inbound calls working as well.  I see the
> inbound invites coming into the Kamailio server but it appears that the
> server does not 'know' about the UA that is registered 'through' the server
> to the VoIP provider.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?  Below is
> my config.

You should look into the NAT handling tricks:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/nathelper.html#nathelper.set_contact_alias
and
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/nathelper.html#nathelper.f.handle_ruri_alias

Take a look at the default config NATMANAGE routes and enable "natting"
for all sources except you upstream server.

Alternatively if the registrar of the voip provider supports Path,
enable that in kamailio use
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/path.html#idp38122172
in the registers to add the header and set
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/path.html#idp38033932
to handle the INVITEs