[SR-Users] Howto timeout INVITEs over TCP to something < 30s?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 09:27:25 CEST 2016

On 19/08/16 13:07, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 09:37:15AM +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>> If an enduser INVITEted over TCP t_set_fr(t) with t < 30s have no
>>> effect, the INVITE will always timeout after 30s. What is controlling
>>> this 30s? The only default at 30s is the fr_timer, which should have no
>>> part in the timeout between an 1xx and a final answer for an INVITE.
>>>
>> Is this about ringing timout or the connection to user is no longer
>> available?
> Ringing timeout, the task is to forward the call to an other destination
> (or voicemail).

OK. I will have to look at the source code?

Btw, did you try with longer timeout? Still the same? If you change the
modparam for the timeout, is it used? These will help to narrow down of
t_set_fr() has no effect here, but only the modparam...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org