[SR-Users] Trouble with nat_uac_test()

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 18 09:10:42 CEST 2016

On 08/18/2016 03:02 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> This is when the sip message was sent from a.b.c.d and the Via header
> has x.y.z.w. if you get a pcap with the request, we can check and see if
> the test is true for it.

In Noah's case, this posed an issue because the request was being
received from a proxy. The proxy strips off its Via, and the topmost
exposed Via has the network & transport-layer reachability information
of the UAS that received the reinvite (originated on Noah's end). Both
proxy and UAS are public, but different entities.

> On the other hand, you should use
> set_contact_alias()/handle_ruri_alias() instead of fix_nated_contact()
> (see how default kamailio.cfg does it) -- it is safer for such cases and
> avoids getting in troubles with devices that are strict in checking if
> the r-uri is the contact they set previously.

Agree. I have moved to this nowadays for all cases that were handled
with fix_nated_contact() in the past for just this reason.

-- Alex

1447 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)