[SR-Users] Trouble with nat_uac_test()

Noah Mehl noahmehl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:43:28 CEST 2016

Hey all,

I have a Kamailio implementation (version: kamailio 4.4.1 (x86_64/solaris) 12b048) as part of the Kazoo platform.  I’m having an odd problem with an e2e ACK (after a 200OK after a T38 re-invite), which I’m pretty sure has to do with a Contact header rewrite due to the following (can review attached PCAP for specifics):

    if (nat_uac_test("3")) {
        force_rport();
        fix_nated_contact();
    }

I have a couple of questions about this:

A flag of 3, I don’t understand.  I read the documentation <http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/nathelper.html#nathelper.f.nat_uac_test>, and there is a 1,2,4,8,etc…  So, I’m guessing that a flag of 3, means 1+2?
If #1 is true, then "the "received" test is used: address in the “Via” header is compared against source IP address of signaling”
I don’t understand this test, as I’m pretty sure that the 200OK that’s getting re-written is properly constructed.  I guess I’m trying to understand when one would want to use this test?

Thanks!

~Noah