[SR-Users] UAC reg_contact_addr with rinstance

DanB danb.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:06:14 CEST 2016

Hey Guys,

Have hit an issue when using uacreg.

When working with Broadsoft (I know, life is not perfect), it appears
that their SBC sitting in front of registration server is caching
REGISTRATION requests and it will not be able to re-REGISTER in case of
credential changes for example.
This will break the registration process in registrar since that one
flushes the registrations on password change. Their "standard"
workaround it is using "rinstance" uri parameter in contact (each
contact should be unique in order to be cached by their SBC).

Checking it appears that I can only add rinstance statically in
reg_contact_addr configuration parameter. Is there any chance to provide
things like $avp or selects which I can later modify via mi maybe?

Thanks in advance for any kind of tip!

DanB