[SR-Users] Is ACK required in a re-invite?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 16 00:34:33 CEST 2016

On 08/15/2016 06:33 PM, Jay Li wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response. I don't have much experience with SIP.
> I just wonder if you've seen PSTN providers not send an ACK back to
> a re-invite? With your professional experience, is this common?
> Thanks.

Certainly, not sending end-to-end ACKs for 2xx responses is a problem
that occurs, both for initial and in-dialog invites (reinvites).

However, it indicates that something is misconfigured or improperly
implemented somewhere, and is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

1447 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)