[SR-Users] Kamailio presence

Phil Lavin phil.lavin at cloudcall.com
Tue Aug 2 11:59:19 CEST 2016

This works fine. On the T41P I went to the DSSKey tab, configured Line Key4 as follows:

:: Type: BLF
:: Value: 44123456789 at kamailio.domain.com
:: Label: Name of the user
:: Line 1

The value has 2 parts:

:: The phone number of the user to whom we are subscribing
:: The domain name that this user registers to. This bit is important in Kamailio. If you want BLF, all UAs need to use the same domain name

The line should be the line that is registered to the server you are subscribing too.

It should be noted that we are running a forked/patched version of Kamailio 4.3.4. The relevant git commits are:

:: 2e99fe0
:: 56f3e25
:: b2843e5
:: a9ece27
:: d97f47c
:: fb2ede3
:: feef158
:: 19fce63
:: b5f9fb1

I think all but the last 4 are in 4.4. The last 4 are on Github as pull requests into master. Daniel is going to review when he has time... but we've been running in production for around a week now with no issues.

We're also running a fairly carefully crafted config to work around a number of other bugs with pua/presence which we didn't have the time to find a proper code solution for. Config is below:

phil at ua-proxy-dev:~$ grep 'pua\|presence' /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg
loadmodule "presence.so"
loadmodule "presence_xml.so"
loadmodule "presence_mwi.so"
loadmodule "presence_dialoginfo.so"
loadmodule "pua.so"
loadmodule "pua_dialoginfo.so"
# ----- presence params -----
modparam("presence", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("presence", "db_update_period", 20)
modparam("presence", "clean_period", 60)
modparam("presence", "local_log_facility", "LOG_LOCAL3")
modparam("presence", "max_expires", 14430) # PortaOne max call time (4 hours) plus a little
# ----- presence_xml params -----
modparam("presence_xml", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
# ----- pua params -----
modparam("pua", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("pua", "db_mode", 0) # Memory only. Required due to the "multiple states for a single dialog" bug
modparam("pua", "update_period", 20)
modparam("pua", "outbound_proxy", MY_SIP_URL)
# ----- pua_dialoginfo params -----
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "send_publish_flag", FLT_DLGINFO)
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "override_lifetime", 14420) # PortaOne max call time (4 hours) plus a little
modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "callee_trying", 1) # Implemented by Phil - submitted upstream to v4.4

pua db_mode can probably be changed to 2 following the recent fixes that are awaiting pull request review. We haven't tested this yet, though.

Cheers

Phil Lavin
Telecoms Systems Manager
CloudCall
www.cloudcall.com

T: +44 (0) 330 335 0000 / +1 617 982 1600
D: +44 (0) 116 424 4790 / +1 716 242 6604
SM: LinkedIn
READ OUR BLOG FOR SMARTER COMMUNICATIONS

Confidentiality: This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this transmission, including any attachments.