[SR-Users] Synonyms User Name

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Aug 2 10:58:39 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 11:38:27AM +0300, Nahum Nir wrote:
> I wonder if there is a way to define synonyms. For example, I there is a
> person by the name of John Smith with extention 5555 I would like to have a
> user john_smith that will also be available if some INVITE 5555.

You are looking for the alias_db module.
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/alias_db.html
"1. Overview

The ALIAS_DB module can be used as an alternative for user aliases via
usrloc. The main feature is that it does not store all addiacent data as
for user location and always uses the database for search (no memory
caching). A common use case is to provide additional user aliases, i.e.
to supplement the registration in the location database. Users are this
way on a proxy reachable with several request URIs."