[SR-Users] Configuration Issue on Kamailio.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:24:02 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 01/08/16 14:10, Laura wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> i'm asking here a question about Kamailio config.
>
> We are testing a wide area configuration of Kamailio over separates
> countries and we are still facing with an issue.
>
> We configured Kamailio 4.3.5 with dialog support over the TM modules and
> we use LCR module for menage ours LCRs rule set profiles.
>
> For some technicals reasons we use tech prefix for our customer so for
> exaples customer1 send traffic to us with 1111 prefix, customer2 send
> traffic to us with 2222 and something similar..
>
> Our supplier, of course, are using tech prefix too so for examples if i
> want to send the call to supplier1 i need to use tech prefix 1789 or
> something similar..
>
> The point is..
>

> When customer1 is sending an invite to us.. it send us something like
> (Bangladesh mobile 8801xxx)
>
> INVITE sip:11118801xxxxxxx at aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
>
> Our Kamailio will reply with the Trying and then it goes to LCR module
> and match our supplier1 so it make a new invite like this
>
> INVITE sip:17898801xxxxxx at supplier.ip
>
> The problem come when supplier1 reply to us and we replies back to
> customer1..
>
> Customer1 view the From: field with the 17898801xxxxxx numbers.. and
> some of our customers don't like it.
>
> We don't use anymore the topoh module becuase we found some troubles
> using it.. so..
>
> Is there a way that we can use for fix this situation ?

The From header URI in reply is not related to request URI (r-uri).

Kamailio has uac_replace_from() in the uac module that can be used to
update and restore From uri. Are you using it in the config for INVITE
request?

If you can provide an ngrep or pcap for such call, then it will be
useful to see what you are referring to and propose eventual fixes.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org