[SR-Users] The book of "SIP Routing with Kamailio"

Giacomo Vacca giacomo.vacca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:04:09 CEST 2016

Hi - I have a copy too and have found it very useful.

If you are approaching Kamailio for the first time it's a good way of
understanding the basics and moving towards the additional features the
several modules can provide. It is oriented on the routing configuration,
so you'll find examples and code snippets.

It can be read chapter by chapter but also kept on the desk for a quick
consultation. It's a good ice breaker for people having heard about
Kamailio but not having worked directly with it, and willing to get a
better idea (first hand experience at the office).

Needless to say, the community is very active and the project evolves
quickly, so this can't replace online searches and documentation, in
particular targeted to a specific version. I'm afraid I can't compare it
with the other book.

Cheers,
Giacomo