[SR-Users] A real mystery - 1.5.x vintage edition!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Apr 14 04:14:55 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've got an installation that is still running Kamailio 1.5.x. Yes, I
know: "They're running WHAT?" As far as I'm concerned, it was EOL'd in
early 2010. Nevertheless, that doesn't stop the customer from running
it. They're probably the most change-resistant customer in the history
of IP telecom, and, knowing this industry, that's a high bar. There's
not much I can do about it.

Anyway, I have a bit of a mystery:

GW                   Proxy                     PBX

------- INVITE ------>

<---- 100 Trying ----

                       -------- INVITE -------->

                       <------ 100 Trying ------

                       <- 503 Service Unavailable

                       ---------- ACK --------->

<- 500 Service Una...

There is no basis in the configuration for the translation of the "503
Service Unavailable" reply to "500 Service Unavailable", so I'm thinking
it has to be rooted in some default module behaviour.

Any insight would be appreciated!

-- Alex

1447 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)