[SR-Users] Ldap authentication

Volkan Oransoy voransoy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:36:07 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to use an ldap directory for authentication and found this
tutorial.
https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/mini-howto-admin/ldap-user-auth
What I want is to use ldap bind with user's existing ldap password, not a
seperate sip password. I would like to use same password for simplicity.
There are two ways in my mind to achieve this and I need suggestions. One
way is to add a new field to the ldap tree and populate it with user
password's ha1 values but this needs an additional work and doesn't seems
nice to me.
Second way is to get clear-text password from auth request and bind to ldap
server with this password but I don't know if I can access to the password
or it this is a secure way.
Does anybody have any suggestions or experience to share?

Regards,

/Volkan