[SR-Users] Detecting calls with missing ACK (Lazy SIP scanners)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:57:25 CEST 2016

On 10/04/16 21:57, Marrold wrote:
> I've been doing some experimentation with t_any_timeout()
> and t_branch_timeout(), and I've observed they return true if either
> the initial invite receives no response, or if the 200 OK is not
> acknowledged by the UAC.
>
> Is there any way of differentiating between these scenarios?
If Kamailio matches the 200ok for transaction, then it should not give
true for a timeout check. But maybe there is a mismatch also in kamailio
if the 200ok is sent to caller but it is no ACK sent back. In such case,
a sip network trace will be useful to investigate what happens there.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference, Berlin, May 18-20, 2016 - http://www.kamailioworld.com