[SR-Users] Question about debugging using `kamcmd pkg.stats`

Lucian Balaceanu lucian.balaceanu at 1and1.ro
Wed Apr 6 19:52:46 CEST 2016

Hi Daniel,

While debugging a 'no private memory left' issue by using `kamcmd
pkg.stats` we stumbled upon data we don't understand. Could you help
with some information?

`kamcmd pkg.stats`returns free values of about 8M per process with an
exception:
kamailio with no apparent  problems:  `timer` process: free value: 8M
used value: 100M real_used: 308M.
kamailio with no private memory left:  `timer` process: free value: 8/9M
used value: 98M   real_used: 662M
(both mentioned kamailios have roughly the same load)

Are these timer values normal? What is this real_used value and how can
it be bigger than the allocated pkg mem?
Additionally, how come we don't see the fifo process pkg stats in the
output of `kamcmd pkg.stats`?

We get the error message when doing reloading backlists via kamctl fifo.

Thank you,
Lucian Balaceanu