[SR-Users] SQLOPS select database in realtime

Paul Smith paul.smith at claritytele.com
Tue Apr 5 14:18:28 CEST 2016

Hi Jon,
The normal way would be to use multiple modparam lines, one for each of your databases.  Then in your route config you can select and use any of those connections:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/sqlops.html#idm20488

modparam("sqlops","sqlcon","cb=>mysql://kamailio:abc@10.10.1.1/testdb")
modparam("sqlops","sqlcon","ca=>dbdriver://username:password@dbhost/dbname")
sql_query("ca", "select * from domain", "ra");
xlog("number of rows in table domain: $dbr(ra=>rows)\n");
sql_result_free("ra");
In your case you might set some variable in the route to select the relevant connection name from your pre-defined list, and then pass that variable to the sql_query() function call.

I think you wanted to have one connection to the database server, and then have function calls to query a database on that server … as far as I know that is not possible.