[SR-Users] Multiple Registrations - Overwrite oldest contact

Franz Edler franz.edler at technikum-wien.at
Sat Apr 2 09:18:16 CEST 2016

Hi,

just to clarify the initially mentioned “ims_usrloc_scscf” feature:

In IMS it is not allowed to use registration credentials on more than one terminal. I think this is enforced by the feature.

If you want to use a SIP address (called Public User Identity) on more than one terminal (which leads to forking), the terminals must use different authentication user names (called Private User Identities).

This is enforced in mobile networks by using an own SIM card on each device, which usually cannot be cloned.

BR Franz