[SR-Users] SIP and conntrackd experience?

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Sep 30 10:56:21 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 30 September 2015 07:19:08 Grant Bagdasarian wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with SIP and conntrackd?
> Our media and signaling is separated.
> Does this work for VPN connections where SIP is sent over the VPN but the
> media over public internet?

I don't see the relation with conntrackd and your setup, unless you are using
some sip inspection to open the (local) rtp ports for specific
source/destinations. Which is a very bad idea IMHO, my experience is that any
of such ALG just cause more problems.

But if you use rtpengine and advertise the public ips in SDP the UAs will
contact them, the engine will learn the correct ipadress. It is up to routing
at the client to seperate the traffic correctly.

IIRC rtpproxy works the same.