[SR-Users] db_text and caching/reloading

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:16:08 CEST 2015

Some more investigation here and it looks like the kamctlrc value to set
for db_text path is DBTEXT_PATH and not DB_PATH as listed in the default
kamctlrc file.

[1] When I have DB_PATH set to the location of the db text files, the
following happens (I cannot show the contents of the address table, but
the memory dump works):

DB_PATH="/etc/kamailio/db_text"

# kamctl address dump
    0 <10000, 10.7.0.0, 24, 0> []
    1 <10002, 10.7.0.0, 24, 0> []
# kamctl address show
#

[2] When I have DBTEXT_PATH set to the location of the db text files,
the following happens (I cannot reload contents of the address table,
but the memory dump and table show works):

# kamctl address dump
    0 <10000, 10.7.0.0, 24, 0> []
    1 <10002, 10.7.0.0, 24, 0> []
# kamctl address show
[1, 10000, '10.7.0.0', 24, 0, '']
# kamctl address reload
# kamctl address dump
    0 <10000, 10.7.0.0, 24, 0> []
    1 <10002, 10.7.0.0, 24, 0> []
# kamctl address show
[1, 10000, '10.7.0.0', 24, 0, '']

It also appears that the equivilent RPC commands dont work correctly too
for the permissions module, the addressDump does not show in-memory
values, and reload says it completed, but dump shows nothing too:

kamcmd> permissions.addressDump
{
}
kamcmd> permissions.addressReload
Reload OK
kamcmd> permissions.addressDump
{
}

Am I missing something with my configuration, or have I come accross a bug?

Thanks for reading this far :)

Thanks