[SR-Users] Hex to Dec conversion

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Mon Sep 14 18:16:33 CEST 2015

On Monday 14 September 2015 16:37:24 Yufei Tao wrote:
> I want to convert a Hex number string into a Dec number string, e.g. Hex
> number "123" into Dec number "291". What is the best way? I didn't find any
> transformation for this.

If there is indeed no simple buildin function. You can do it:
-"manually", a loop from right to left, stripping characters and doing the
powers of 16:
3*16^0+2*16^1+1*16^2

-if you are using something like mysql its conv()
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mathematical-functions.html#function_conv

-use one of the embedded interpreters app_(lua|perl|python|mono|java)