[SR-Users] Authentication issue during registration

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 07:52:10 CEST 2015

Hi All
I have a typical requirement, where I have a forwarding SBC between an
endpoint and kamailio as shown below.

Endpoint ----> SBC ------> Kamailio

>From endpoint I am sending REGISTER request. It reaches SBC. SBC sends the
REGISTER request to Kamailio, Kamailio challenges it (401), and challenge
response is received at endpoint through SBC.

Next endpoint adds authorization header and sends REGISTER to SBC, SBC
forwards it to Kamailio.

Now Kamailio again responds with 401.

When we analysed Kamailio logs, we can see Kamailio log authorization
response token and response token that was sent by Endpoint are same.

So my question is, why Kamailio sends 401 repeatedly even if it received
proper Authorization header.

Is it because Kamailio received REGISTER from IP address different from
endpoint.

Please guide, how can I avoid this issue.

Thanks
Austin