[SR-Users] evapi tcp parsing??

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:59:34 CEST 2015

Hello,

tcb is stream protocol and several messages can be queued on the pipe at
the same time. That is the reason for netstring format, to be able to
easily detect the boundaries of each message. If netstring format is
enabled and kamailio receives several messages at once, it splits them
and for each is executing the event route.

If netstring format is not used, the kamailio is executing the event
route with the entire content that was read at once from the tcp connection.

On 09/09/15 22:01, Jayesh Nambiar wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm exploring the evapi module for my kamailio to interface with an
> external node.js app for third party stuff like AAA, billing engine
> tasks, notifications and so on. I followed and took some ideas from
> the rtjson and evapi tutorial found
> here(http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:k43-async-sip-routing-nodejs) to
> build the node.js app consuming events.
> When I stress tested the scenario using SIPp and tried sending a lot
> of events at 300-350cps from Kamailio, I noticed that at times the
> client is receiving 2-3 events in a single message together although I
> do event_sync_relay once per SIP message received and have netstrings
> enabled. I believe this is a typical behavior of TCP and needs to be
> handled by the client using some kind of Netstring handler. Please
> correct me if I'm wrong.
> And hence I'd like to know what particularly needs to be taken care of
> while writing a client that is listening for events on raw tcp socket
> and how does kamailio handle this situation while receiving messages
> over TCP socket?? Does kamailio recognize the end of netstring
> properly on evapi:message-received and give exactly one message to
> take care of on every "message-received" event or should that be
> handled in the script somewhere !!
> I also referred cgrates client over evapi example which is written in
> GO, but I couldnt find them handling TCP streams clearly either.
> I'd really appreciate some expert suggestion here to make an informed
> decision on using the evapi module for a large scale solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jayesh

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Sep 28-30, 2015, in Berlin - http://asipto.com/u/kat